Fabric paints are now available in most art shops.
They come in various forms - tubes, jars, etc.
My favorite brand of fabric paint is "Fabric Fun" of Pentel.
The price inexpensive (around $15.00) for 15 brilliant colors!
or you might decide to buy any brand for just several colors or whole set.
What you can decorate :
If you have a plain one, decorate it! Its a good idea to sketch it in your design
before you painting it.
2. A hat
Don't use nylon hat! Choose a straw or fabric hat (cotton hat).
3. Pillowcases,Handkerchiefs and tshirts
You could design animals,fruits etc Some ideas - cut out pencil shapes or
use a sponge and a tooth brush
1. Cut 6 squares of the same fabric, mine is 5 cmx 5cm. You can use different size,small or big.
2. Place a fabric square on the table in front of you. Fold the square into triangle with the point facing you.
3. Fold the two side points of the triangle into middle point,the one facing you.
Now you have a gap in the middle of the square you have folded.
Fold the square in half.You will have a triangle shape with a gap in the middle.
Pinch the open end between your fingers.
Turn the fabric over and fold the two corner into the center.
4. Thread a needle , dont forget tie a knot in the end.
Sew thru the end you are pinching with a tacking stitch.
5. Cut away the pointy end of the petal. Repeat, to make all 6 petals for your flowers.
6. Thread a needle ( double thread ) and sew through each petal,joining them
in a line. Sew through the first petal again and pull the thread taught to make
a flower shape. Fasten your thread with a knot.
Paper Piecing is cutting pieces of paper or card into specific shapes and
putting them together to create pictures.
You can use a pre-made pattern, coloring book or you can create your own.
All you need is simple line drawing!
Use scanner/photocopier to reduce/enlarge pictures if they aren't in the right size.
Kirigami means : Kiri " cutting" and gami "paper" ( Japanese ).
It's easy craft that required only pair,paper of scissors and
( sometimes ) glue.
So, with Kirigami tehnique anyone can create greeting cards, tag even for scrapbook embellishment.
Take a look simple basic of Kirigami.
You need : - Scissors - Pencil
- A square piece of paper
or origami paper, you can find in a dollar store/craft store.
1. Folder the paper into quarters
2. Look for the closed corner which is the center of the paper.
Fold this corner half.
3. Complete kirigami prefold.
1. Make Kirigami Prefold
2. Draw ( same as on picture )
3. Cut out the lines,the darker area will fall off